Need a new idea for dinner? Spice it up with this easy Chicken Dish. Pair with a green salad and some fresh fruit.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14-oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (or tsp dried)
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and cook chicken until lightly browned on each side, approximately 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomatoes, oregano and basil; place spinach on top of the chicken and cover tightly.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, approximately 15 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper and top with cheese.
Make this recipe healthier: Use “no-salt added” crushed tomatoes to reduce your sodium by 110 milligrams per serving! Serves 4
Thanks to Oxygen Women's Fitness Magazine for this tasty dish.