7am to 830am
830am to 930am
A, Warm Up
B, Teams of 2, Sharing reps equally
600 Meter Run
6 Power Cleans 185/125
6 Box Jumps 30/24
6 KB Swings 70/53
6 Bar over Burpees
Background: "The Six" is a Hero workout created to honor six British soldiers killed in combat in the Lashkar Gah Durai region of Afghanistan on March 6, 2012.
- Sergeant Nigel Coupe - 1st Battalion The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment
- Corporal Jake Hartley - 3rd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment
- Private Anthony Frampton - 3rd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment
- Private Christopher Kershaw - 3rd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment
- Private Daniel Wade - 3rd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment
- Private Daniel Wilford - 3rd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment
At the time of their deaths, the soldiers were patrolling in their Warrior vehicle when it was struck by a massive IED, killing all six.
We first found this workout posted on the website of CrossFit Teesside @crossfitteesside (Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees, UK). After contacting CrossFit Teesside, we confirmed that Lee Howe, the gym's owner and an ex Royal Marine Commando, was the creator of "The Six" workout. Each '6' found in the workout signifies the six soldiers killed.