I continue to pursue my passion of health and nutrition, I am a fitness nut – and in the last 15 years health and nutrition really has not changed all that much. Of course there are new fades, new modalities, and new designer names….but what health and nutrition boils down to is consistency. “You are not going to be successful if you are inconsistent.” apply it to any goal you seek in life – short or long term. So I can hear you saying to me “but it is hard!” I can’t agree more –when you want to achieve something bad enough, when you want to beat the statistics, when you are ready to change your behaviors and become consistent you will be successful.
For example, the number #1 question that I am asked consistently, “how do I lose weight?” I think about this all the time. Bottom line, it is not easy. Several tasks must be taken; each task must be done routinely and consistently. You must be willing to change your physical behaviors, willingness to devote time, change your conversation, and work hard. Here are a few tasks to get you started.
Consistency = Success
- Journal every day! This is probably the most daunting of all tasks – however this is a task that does not have to be done forever. Every bite counts!
- Weight and Measure your food for a couple of weeks. This will guide you to an understanding of portions and what a serving actually looks like.
- Buy fresh as often as possible.
- Get moving. Squats, Lunges, Sit-ups, Push-ups, Walk, Run or Slog up a SWEAT!
- Water. It is what our bodies are mostly made of – therefore our bodies require large amounts of water every day.
- Find a balance between life and YOU!