January 2013, there are approximately 58.5 million Americans who are utilizing fitness center via membership or other type of status. In 2011 there were 231,500 personal trainers in America, this number continues to grow each year. Millions upon millions of books published each year on the subject of diet and fitness. The average adult pays for more than one fitness or gym membership. Americans have purchased thousands of electronics and fitness related Apps.
- As of August of 2013 we declared obesity a disease.
- More than 30% of Adults are obese, and 17% of Children are obese.
- Why are we still the fattest country?
- Do we eat too much and exercise too little?
According to one article "There is no single, simple answer to explain the obesity patterns" in America, says Walter Willett, who chairs the department of nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health. "Part of this is due to lower incomes and education, which result in purchases of cheap foods that are high in refined starch and sugar. The bottom line: cheap, unhealthy foods mixed with a sedentary lifestyle has made obesity the new normal in America. And that makes it even harder to change, Willett says.
Now is the time to take action! Here are a few healthy fitness tips to get you well on your way:
- Keeping a daily journal is a must do! People that keep a journal lose double the weight than the people who don’t.
- Turn off your electronics one hour before going to bed. 7+ hours of peaceful sleep is the 2nd thing you must do!
- Most of us are dehydrated. You must drink 80 to 100 ounces of water each day. Coffee, Juice, and other liquids don’t count.
- Eat your greens. Focus on 5 to 10 servings of vegetables every day. On a budget? Frozen and canned veggies work well.
- Eat your meat. You can’t have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat. Eat a minimum of 4 check book size servings of meat a day.
- Include some Fruits and some Fats daily.
- Get Moving!! Get your heart rate up, pump some iron. Children need a minimum of 60 minutes of physical activity each day and adults need a minimum of 30 minutes each day.
Make small changes and you will see big milestones. As always I am here to support my community. You can always find me on face book . Let me here your success story.